AAS WA Tertiary Prize in Acoustics and Vibration - 2017
A prize of $1,000 will be awarded for the best student project in acoustics and/or
vibration completed at a Western Australian tertiary institution during 2017.
This prize has been set up to encourage tertiary students to undertake projects in this
interesting and challenging field.
The winning student(s) will be asked to present a talk on their project at a meeting of
the WA Division of the Australian Acoustical Society, at which the prize will be
Students are eligible to enter if they will complete or have completed an
undergraduate, honours, masters by coursework, or postgraduate diploma project
relevant to any aspect of acoustics and/or vibration at a Western Australian tertiary
institution in 2017. Masters by research and PhD students are not eligible.
Acoustics is a broad field, so there is plenty of scope for interesting projects in areas
- architectural and building acoustics - underwater acoustics,
- musical acoustics - biological acoustics
- noise and vibration control - vibration and structural dynamics
- environmental noise - industrial noise
- occupational health - hearing and speech physiology
- ultrasonics - etc. etc.
The following items should be sent by email to:
(Email subject should commence with "AAS WA Prize".)
• A copy of the final project report(s). Where two or more students complete a
project as a team, but write separate reports, then all reports should be
• A short statement specifically addressing the judging criteria below.
• A statement from the student's project supervisor supporting the entry.