Principal Investigator: Dr Catherine Ong, BIGHEART
Co-Principal Investigator: Professor Lim Chwee Teck, BIGHEART
The Infectious Diseases Translational Research Laboratory at BIGHEART is looking for highly motivated and well-qualified candidates for the post of Research Fellow/Postdoctoral Fellow for a duration of 2 years to develop a point-of-care device for bloodstream infections and antimicrobial resistance detection.
The Research Fellow/Postdoctoral Fellow will be involved in the design and fabrication of microfluidic devices as well as collaborating with our clinical partners on the testing, validation and possible commercialization of these devices. Candidate is expected to work independently, in coordination with team members in the laboratory while liaising closely with Professor Luke Lee at the University of Berkeley and Professor CT Lim.
Applicants should have:
- A PhD degree in chemical engineering, mechanical engineering or biomedical engineering or its equivalent
- Experience in microfluidics research, microfabrication, cell culture, microscopy and image analysis is preferred
- Ability to help mentor, supervise and train junior staff members and students
- A proven record of outstanding written, oral presentation and communications skills
- Excellent skills in project management
- Ability to work on grant proposals including writing, meeting with collaborators, and reviewing proposal opportunities
- Expertise in Molecular Biology, which will be a bonus.
All interested applicants should email their job application interest, full CV with the cover letter and the reference letters of three referees with the referees’ contact details to Dr Catherine Ong (email: firstname.lastname@example.org).