Software Engineering Intern - Frontend
At Canva, we work every day to make a significant positive impact on society. Our mission is to democratise design and empower creativity for everyone on every computing platform!
Since launch in April 2013 we have grown exponentially, amassing over 10 million users in over 100 languages, making us one of the world's fastest growing technology companies. We're growing rapidly and building a product that users really love -- just check out Twitter!
As a Software Engineering Intern, you will have the opportunity to learn from engineers from the likes of Google, JetBrains, Yandex, Atlassian, Amazon, Facebook, and popular technology houses from all over the world. You will get the opportunity to learn and apply best-practice software engineering, focused on strong software engineering fundamentals and pragmatism.
You will have the opportunity to do meaningful work and build features and functionality that impacts millions of users around the world. To dig into the in and outs of engineering at Canva, here's an article written by our CTO, Dave, discussing how we get things done.
We have internships on both the Product Front-End, Back-End, IOS and Android teams throughout Summer 2018/1019
If your preference is Back-End, you'll be working on a massive distributed backend environment - built on Java microservices, hosted on AWS, and utilizing a variety of tools, technologies, services, and libraries. We've got some nifty bespoke components that do a bit of magic as well!
As part of the Android or IOS team, you will be impacting the mobile user experience by delivering new features and collaborating with your team to deliver a world class mobile product.
This will be perfect for you if you:
- Are currently within 12-18 months of completing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree, or at any stage in your PhD.
- Have strong Computing and Object Oriented Programming (OOP) Fundamentals
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Have the desire to learn and grow as a technologist
Please note that this role is not eligible for immigration sponsorship.
We'd love it if you have:
- AWS or Google Cloud experience
- Experience working with databases – SQL and/or NoSQL is fine!
- Please provide us with the latest PDF copies of your CV and grades/transcript by compressing them into a zip file at https://www.canva.com/careers/jobs/software-engineering-intern-frontend-summer-2018-2019/